19 September 2009

A Cooking Journey Begins

Posted by relentless at Saturday, September 19, 2009
When I left home to study in the city at age 16, I can't even cook a hard boiled egg perfectly. I thought spoiled rice are distinguished by its smell. I remember cooking rice and it lasted for 3 days in room temperature - it's not smelly so I still ate it. Later I learned to cook instant noodles (by reading the package instruction). Those times, cooking is not really my thing as I don't really eat a lot back then.

But during the early days of my marriage and motherhood, I tried cooking. Or let's just say that I have to cook for my son and husband. I just cook anything and almost always more than 3 servings! And I usually give some of it to my neighbors. They always said it was good and usually they'll ask what is my secret? I'll just laugh about it. I didn't really take it seriously. Strange thing is, I am the type of person who can easily extract a recipe out of the foods that I eat and like. So I guess, that explains, perhaps?

I continued my cooking experiments and developed recipes of my own in our tiny kitchen. As a young mother, I just stayed at home 24/7 so then I spent most of my time cooking. I thought that perhaps I got nothing to do that's why I've indulge myself in cooking.

When my husband left to study in Japan, I lost my appetite in cooking. I always told everyone, no one to cook for. It was only me and my son so I'll just buy food for us. Time and money saver. Then when I went to Japan, my interest in cooking was once again awaken. One, there's my husband whose always been my inspiration in cooking. He loves to eat! And two, because I missed the local food in my country. Then our fellow Filipinos begun to notice my cooking abilities. Whenever there is an event that involves cooking, they always tag me in. No buts no if's.

Then every now and then hubby encourages me to put a cooking blog, which I don't really put my mind into. Now, im back here in the Philippines with my family and I got a newborn baby. I have to stay home all the time because I'm a hands on mom and thought of putting up this blog, at last. So folks, please bear with me and my cooking chronicles and eating delights!

Found what you're looking for?


Get regular updates of this blog, right into your inbox. Enter your email address below:

Delivered by FeedBurner

0 comments on "A Cooking Journey Begins"

Post a Comment

 

Bon Appétit Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez / Pacquiao vs Cotto Live Stream